CS is not getting outdated for even next 10-100 years of time. It only gets more and more matured with more and more new people participating and tech going both obscure and mature and new new tech which could be called bleeding edge of technology will keep making place for itself and also gather a mass of class for itself.
CS is not a thing to be studied only and only by some rich people. It’s a way of starting with the principles of engineering with an investment to buy a small PC BOX for INR 20,000/- and starting with proprietary – Microsoft Windows or Open Source – Linux.
These days almost everything is available at Google. Social Media Engines are growing and so is the reach and power of Open Source. Even M$ is moving its bases towards Open Source. The GNU project which laid the foundation for Free Software has become more mature and famously known as Linux & Open Source.
So as per the title & scope of this blog post, I must start typing the v0.1 for Syllabus for Personal MS CS.
Personal MS CS (Designed by me…)
01. Programming Paradigms
02. Algorithms & Data-Structures
03. Operating Systems
04. Database Management Systems
05. Data-mining & Data warehousing
06. Design Patterns
07. Web Application Development Technologies
08. Server Side Scripting Languages & Frameworks
09. Rich Internet Applications
10. Networking Technologies & Network Programming
11. Information Security & Cryptography
12. Compiler Designs
13. Artificial Intelligence
14. Human Computer Interface
15. ERP, CRM & Project Management
16. Embedded Systems Design
This is version 0.1, I will be updating the latest one very soon. Will also write a Kindle book each on each of these above 16 streams.